Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hanging out with my boy

While the little kids were occupied, I hurried Aidan out of the house to go on an adventure with me.  It was nice to have him to myself for a bit.

We stopped to see Grandma W and then picked up our friends Amy and Devin for a photo adventure.

We basically just drove around, while playing Devin's 'yellow car' game (like slug bug, but with arbitrary and sudden rule changes from the back seat), until we found something photo-worthy.  We received a lot a strange looks, we saw a dead cat and beautiful old graves and a retro & random phone booth (still just a quarter!!!), and an abandoned shed, some charming yet crumbling buildings, & some old farm machinery .   We were almost locked INTO an auction lot.  That would have been hard to explain...

After we dropped our friends at home, we finished the afternoon at Starbucks with scones, a cupcake, and coffee.  I feel very blessed that my ten-year-old likes having 'coffee' (he had a frappuccino) with his mama.  :)




















No comments:

Post a Comment